Sunday, May 5, 2013

Never Listened to Audiobooks Before? It's Easier than You Think!

I love the idea of listening to a story. But being new to the technology I can understand the hesitation many of you may feel. If you have never listened to audiobooks before, perhaps you find yourself wondering, hmmm... What device do I need? As it turns out, you already have it:
Even simpler: Audible, the Amazon company specializing in audiobooks, will gladly help you--24 hours a day, 7 days a week--to download the audiobook to your preferred device. It is quick and painless... Here is their help line: 1-888-283-5051 (US & Canada) or 1-973-820-0400 (international.)

If you spend a lot of time driving on long trips, or even sitting around the fireplace, you can imagine what a great companion audiobooks can be to spin away the hours. Great narrators make books come alive. Being so close to you, breathing words into your ear, they make the experience both intimate and heightened, with every nuance in the story becoming fully expressed.

2 comments:

  1. I've listened to audiobooks on long car trips and they're great. But I can't imagine listening while doing yardwork or housework--Feels like the potential to drop and break the player would be too great. I guess I'm just not tech-savvy enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I can see that... So Sheila--no housework for me, then! lol

      Delete