Saturday, March 12, 2016

In the spirit of spring: like the mountain air on a spring day

Revell wanted to know that I wouldn’t leave him and that I loved him. 
I did love him. 
I loved him like the mountain air on a spring day full of hope and new life. I loved him more than anything or anyone I’d ever loved. I loved him more than that spring breeze, but it was because I cherished that love that I had to protect him. I had to shield him from my mother’s revelations and Preston’s meanness and my own darkness. I couldn’t ask him to wait for me if I went down that murky road again. I loved him too much to be saddled with my misery.

I couldn’t give him what he wanted but I could give him what he needed right now; my love, in the only way I could express it.

Excerpt from Just in Case by Elizabeth Marx, included in A Touch of Passion



Love Romance? Get this amazing collection
Kindle ★ Nook ★ Apple ★ Kobo ★ Smashwords



"The authors... all have gifts to offer and in tandem they present a very fine collection of contemporary writing about Romance, suspense, fiction and a touch of history, Fine curl p by the fire reading" 
-Grady Harp, Hall of Fame Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment