Thursday, September 9, 2021

The book grabbed my attention with the first sentence, then tightened its grip until the last page where she writes: The End

 Just found this in-depth review of Overdose:

Reviewed in the United States on August 31, 2021

Overdose by Uvi Poznansky solidified my opinion of this author. It is the second book I have read by the novelist and she is now one of my favorite thriller writers. This time the book grabbed my attention with the first sentence, then tightened its grip until the last page where she writes: The End.

The story centers around a psychotic neurosurgeon, Doctor Patel, whose questionable medical expertise will raise the hairs on the back of your neck. Within the story, we find out the doctor has planted a tracking device under Ash’s ear during a medical procedure he performed on her. With the help of her boyfriend, Michael, they remove the device, and Patel's reaction is part of the fun of this medical thriller. No spoilers. You’ll have to read it to find out what happens.

I am generally not a fan of first-person narratives. But Ms. Poznanski’s writing style is helping me change my mind. Her first-person perspective of our heroine is well written and gives us insight into Ash’s thoughts and fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment