Thursday, January 19, 2012

This Tissue Is Me

Shimmering luster, let me try, let me reach you
Layers beyond layers of red, all aglow
With trembling fingers I touch... Flimsy tissue
It comes down upon me, folding high into low 

I dance with abandon, with no inhibition,
Entangled in fabric, I can no longer flee
Can't breath, for now I can see the strange fusion
Now I know: this tissue is me


My poem is inspired by my art: here is a set three panels, three oil paintings. I offer it to your interpretation, if the figures are dancing out of joy, or getting themselves tied in utter frustration... When I painted the picture, I likened the red fabric to chewing gum on the floor, into which you step and can never release yourself. The more you fight to free yourself, the more you become entangled. 

★ Love reading? Treat yourself to a family drama ★
 "A feast for the armchair psychologist. 
Reveals insights that can touch and frighten each of us"

12 comments:

  1. The chewing gum of relationships--a neat idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that a formal poem works when you have read it, captivated, and not noticed form or rhyme until a second or third reading. Thanks also for the explanation from idea to creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you The Aquablogger! I wrote the poem only this morning...

      Delete
  3. "I dance with abandon, with no inhibition,
    Entangled in fabric, I can no longer flee
    Can't breath, for now I can see the strange fusion
    Now I know: this tissue is me"

    Just amazing lines...matching to the concept.What a realistic art.The figures factually provokes erotica in men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The issue is the tissue
    not the "is" nor me.

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work, Uvi. All success to you!

    ReplyDelete