Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A masterfully built story with a most colorful narrative

M.C.V. Egan (Maria Catalina Vergara Egan) is the author of The Bridge of Deaths. The story came about through a lifelong obsession to solve the mystery of her maternal grandfather's death in faraway Denmark. She has a particular interest in historical fiction, so I was greatly honored when she purchased my book, A Favorite Son, and then posted this wonderful review for it:


5.0 out of 5 stars A masterfully built story with a most colorful narrativeJune 26, 2013
By 
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: A Favorite Son (Paperback) 
There is so much I enjoyed about this book, that I do not quite know where to begin. I read somewhere that Uvi Poznansky "paints with her words" and that she has a background in architecture. FAVORITE SON shows these with a strong building technique in her story and the colorful play with her words.
In my Favorite Son the author takes the Biblical story of Rebecca and her two sons Jacob and Essau and in a masterful manner she built and decorated the story through the voice of Yankle. As entertaining as the story is, it is also very thought provoking. The array of emotions is so palpable, the reader feels the hate, the jealousy as surely as the characters do. To be honest my heart beat a bit faster in some scenes and I did perspire in others...the author's magnificent writing grabbed me as a reader and I simply could not let go.
The flow of the story made for a fast read which I have earmarked for a re-read in the near future, it was simply that enjoyable, and I seldom read a book twice

No comments:

Post a Comment