Wednesday, December 4, 2013

How did you come up with the story?

I am grateful to Author Roy Murry for inviting me for a second interview on his blog, a place well known for his book reviews and author interviews. This time, his questions focused on my book, A Favorite Son. I loved the question, How did you come up with the story? To which I replied:


I have long been fascinated with the story of Jacob and Esav. To me, it captures several layers of emotions which we all go through in our families: a rivalry between brothers, the way a mother’s love, unevenly divided, can spur them to action, to crime, even; and how in time, even in the absence of regret, a punishment eventually ripens...

To read the interview in full click here: Interview with Uvi Poznansky

No comments:

Post a Comment