Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Rolling Paper Band

I am truly enamored with paper. I love folding it, rolling it, cutting it, spilling ink and paint on it, and studying the reflections it gives off. At times it stares back at me, especially when I can find no words to write on its pure, white surface. Here's how a simple, quick sketch of a nude transformed itself in my mind into a rolling paper band.



You will notice that this is no simple transformation, as the paper band goes deep into the internals of the body, which is no longer solid. Also, I staged the figure in an environment where light drizzles from above in glowing colors, and shadows of the paper band are cast all the way down, nearly reaching you.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Stunning and mind-boggling! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome..Stunning.. A true gift of Art from God.. I cannot even draw a stck man correctly. Your work bloes my mind

    ReplyDelete