Saturday, June 14, 2014

When a father says: I was not prepared for you. Forgive me.

At the end of the cab ride to Sunrise home, the silence is finally broken when my father glances at me, and his face softens, and he says, “Anita is right. I have been tearing her, inside. I need to separate what is real and what is not.” 
And I say, “This here between us, this is real. And the loneliness, too.” 
In return he says, “I am so sorry, Ben. I do not know what came over me tonight. I guess I was not prepared for you. Forgive me.”

Ben in The White Piano, which is included in Apart From Love
Listen to his voice, narrated by the gifted David Kudler:


If your browser wouldn't play it, try this.



 Love reading? Get this series 
Volume I: My Own Voice
EbookKindle  Nook  Apple  Kobo  Smashwords
PaperbackAmazon  Barnes&Noble
AudiobookiTunes  Amazon  Audible

Volume II: The White Piano
EbookKindle  Nook  Apple  Kobo  Smashwords
PaperbackAmazon  Barnes&Noble
AudiobookiTunes  Amazon  Audible

Volume I & II, woven together: Apart from Love
EbookKindle  Nook  Apple  Kobo  Smashwords
PaperbackAmazon  Barnes&Noble
AudiobookiTunes  Amazon  Audible

“I plan to read all her other books. Hers is a unique voice”



No comments:

Post a Comment