Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The voice behind THE MUSIC OF US

Today I have the pleasure of presenting the narrator of my novels, The Music of Us and Dancing with Air: Don Warrick. He has many faces; but even without the flair, the costumes, and the makeup that helps actors step into their role, he has a wonderfully versatile expression in his voice.


For the audition script I chose three segments, on e in the voice of a 'mature' Lenny, one in his 'young' voice, and one in the voice of Natasha, writing a long letter. I wanted to know that the narrator I will choose can hold the illusion of voicing a woman, not just in a quick exchange of dialogue but also in an extended monologue, because Natasha is a very special heroine to me. And then, the moment I heard Don's audition, I knew he was the one. Correction: he was all three!

Here is his short video, 'my life in five minutes':



AudioBooks:
The Music of Us by Uvi Poznansky
Dancing with Air (coming soon) by Uvi Poznansky
A Family Affair: Summer (Truth in Lies, Book 3) by Mary Campisi 
The Betrayed Trilogy: Boxed Set By Mary Campisi
Flying With The Enemy: Memoir of a Young Cadet by Oleg V. Oksevski
The Song of Kings Book by R J Chance
Christmas Past by Julie Elizabeth Powell
Figments by Julie Elizabeth Powell
13 by Julie Elizabeth Powell
Lost Shadows by Julie Elizabeth Powell

2 comments:

  1. Uvi, it's lovely to "meet" your prized narrator this way! Fantastic. ;o) What a VOICE!! And wow, what an amazing array of credits this man has!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just so Aaron, a wonderful voice (I should really say, voices!) And with each voice, he taps into a whole different array of emotions. Amazing!

      Delete