Tuesday, February 14, 2017

We’d never kissed before

Looking up at the sky, the lights of the nearby city obscured the stars, and I was about to say something when he leaned in to kiss me. We’d never kissed before. Putting his hand up on the back of my head, threading his fingers through my hair, he kissed me like we were lovers. My hands slid around his body meeting in the middle of his back. I could feel his chest expand and contract with each breath as I held him, the warmth of his body flooding me with desire. Smoothing my hair back, he did the same thing, embracing me, his arms encircling my body.
It took my breath away, the intensity of it, I wanted him so badly. I would have gone all the way right there on my mother’s back porch if he’d tried. But he didn’t go any further than the kiss. Pulling away from me just enough, his lips slid down my neck and stopped. I held my breath.
“I’d better go,” he said, muffling a sigh. 

Excerpt from Mademoiselle by Suzanne Jenkins
Included in Love in Times of War


Love Romance? Get this amazing collection
Love in Times of War
No longer available

"This anthology consists of twelve wonderful stories with the inherent theme of love and war contained in them. Out of the twelve authors, Uvi Poznansky is the only one that I was familiar with previously. So, in addition to becoming acquainted with new authors in this set, my 'to be read' pile has grown considerably. That is not a bad thing with the wind chill of a minus 10 as I write this review!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment