Monday, February 13, 2017

You won a kiss from me, and now you’re hesitating

Ellie turned out the light and dropped the flashlight to the floor.
“Because you participated in this stupid spin the bottle game, you won a kiss from me, and now you’re hesitating”
“Yes, I know. Just not sure who goes first in this situation.” 
“Would it help if I told you there’s no one else I’d rather share my first kiss with?” came her soft reply, as she brushed her fingers through my hair.
Squeezing my eyes closed, I puckered up, hoping Ellie knew how to put me out of my misery.
Instead, she gently tapped my chin.
To my mortification, I saw she was smiling.
“What did I do wrong?”
“You looked like you were about to kiss your mother,” she teased. “What if I do the dirty deed first?”
With my masculinity at stake, I was at a loss until my Alpha male booted up and shared everything there was to know. I wrapped my hand around her neck, drawing her so close our eyelashes touched.
“Honey, I ain’t no mama’s boy,” I murmured, pressing my lips to hers.

Excerpt from Lovin' Those Navy Games by Susan Jean Ricci
Included in Love in Times of War


Love Romance? Get this amazing collection
Love in Times of War
No longer available

"This anthology consists of twelve wonderful stories with the inherent theme of love and war contained in them. Out of the twelve authors, Uvi Poznansky is the only one that I was familiar with previously. So, in addition to becoming acquainted with new authors in this set, my 'to be read' pile has grown considerably. That is not a bad thing with the wind chill of a minus 10 as I write this review!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment