Sunday, April 2, 2017

Still the handsomest devil I know

He laughed and tightened his arms around her skinny ribs once more before setting her back to get a good look at her. “How can I get a word in edgewise with you blathering on like that?” He ducked and grinned when she gave him a cuff on the shoulder. She looked just the same, a few more lines at the edges of her eyes, maybe a couple of age spots he didn’t recall, but otherwise just the same.
“When are you going to let me take you out on the town, Sue. We’d show ‘em how to have a good ol’ time.”
“You haven’t changed a bit, you rascal. Still the handsomest devil I know. Biggest charmer too,” she quipped. Her eyes shone with mirth, obviously not buying his blarney. “So really, what are you doing back in our neck of the woods? And why do you have Nick Kelley’s dog, Jake?”
Hearing his name, Jake’s ears perked and he looked from one to the other of them as if to say, “See, aren’t you glad I brought you here?”
Jared explained he was dog-sitting, and gazed enviously as Sue lit one up before offering him the pack.
He shook his head regretfully. “Those things are going to kill you, you know.”

Excerpt from The Rebel's Redemption by Jacquie Biggar

No longer available

"This anthology consists of twelve wonderful stories with the inherent theme of love and war contained in them. Out of the twelve authors, Uvi Poznansky is the only one that I was familiar with previously. So, in addition to becoming acquainted with new authors in this set, my 'to be read' pile has grown considerably. That is not a bad thing with the wind chill of a minus 10 as I write this review!!" 


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely post, Uvi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I second that! Lovely writing :) Thank you Tam!

      Delete
  3. I never heard of any the authors so I'm looking forward to finding new gold stars among the few. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Yvonne! Happy reading and I hope you'll find new favorites :)

      Delete