Tuesday, September 10, 2019

A page-turner!

Born in Oakland, CA, Kathy Parsons has been an independent piano teacher since early 1981. Kathy is also a Top 1000 Reviewer. Shelived in the San Francisco Bay Area until mid-2007 when she relocated to Florence, OR (on the central Oregon Coast). She continues to teach locally and via the internet in addition to reviewing many recordings and interviewing artists for her website, MainlyPiano.com, and editing new sheet music. I am honored to find her review of my suspense thriller, Overdose:

September 9, 2019
I have read and reviewed quite a few of Uvi Poznansky's books, including the first two volumes of this series, and "Overdose" is my favorite so far. The first half of the book is so taut and suspenseful that I couldn't put it down, and once I was hooked, I grabbed every chance to read that I could to find out what happened next. I love that Ash is a strong, intelligent and independent woman who is still very human and easy to like. The story is told in the first person (by Ash), and I enjoyed that a lot of her observations about her circumstances and her life were quite humorous. This is a serious novel, but humor goes a long way in telling a good story - even an intense thriller.

Uvi Poznansky is an excellent storyteller with believable characters and well-thought-out premises and plots. Her main characters are strong and believable and vivid enough that you can imagine sitting down to lunch and a chat with them. She also makes very good use of her knowledge of modern technology and stretches it just enough to make it scary.

I highly recommend the "Ash Suspense Thrillers with a Dash of Romance" trilogy, which can be read in any order. VERY enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment