Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A fine read and narration

Love this review for the audiobook edition of The Music of Us! Check it out:


Overall
Performance
Story
.
"A FINE READ AND NARRATION"
Overall
Performance
Story
Would you consider the audio edition of The Music of Us to be better than the print version? 
Although I thought the audio was great, I particularly loved the book in print because I'm a visual person. Absolutely no reflection on the narrator!

Who was your favorite character and why?
I was very touched by the main female protagonist. To be so talented at such a young age with a domineering mother would be a very difficult situation and Uvi Poznansky portrayed her feelings and surroundings very well.

What about Don Warrick’s performance did you like?
I thought for a man, he used a subtle touch, which went well with the author's delicate, lyrical prose.

Was there a moment in the book that particularly moved you?
When the two main protagonists, having been separated for long, finally got together. Very moving...

Any additional comments?
Here is my reviewHaving read Uvi Poznansky’s, THE MUSIC OF US (Vol 3), I knew going in just how lovely this book was. In fact, it’s my favorite of all her books. Still, to be honest, I wasn’t sure a man’s voice could give justice to her delicate, touching prose. But I was happy to be proven wrong! Don Warrick did a great job, adding just the right interpretative coloring to this author’s fine writing, and at the same time, pulling the reader in that much more. Highly recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment