Friday, January 11, 2013

Unbelievably Moving and Real

I am truly amazed by this review of Home, written by a talented poetess, Angela Davis. I find it incredibly estounding that she used the poems and prose in my book--some of which were written in moments of sheer isolation and despair--to read aloud to patients and families, as a way to let the words wash over them and allow their pain to dissolve. This is what she wrote:

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Moving and RealJanuary 11, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Home (Kindle Edition)
Home. How does one describe, "Home"? An indelible reality of thoughts and feelings, intertwined, to allow one to experience, or perhaps, re-experience, the connections, of lack thereof, from childhood, throughout the stages of grief.
I have had the luxury of reading Ms. Poznansky's novel, Apart From Love, prior to experiencing this delicately insightful view of her collaborative effort with her father. Initially, when I read this book, I was working as a hospice social worker, and was astonished at the numerous profound statements that were imparted by both father and daughter. At that time, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to read, aloud, certain aspects of this book, to patients and their families. The ability of both Ms. Poznansky and her father, Zeev Kachel, to express the depths of being, of the human condition, allowed for others to acknowledge the reality of human nature, which was simply priceless. Certain aspects of Ms. Poznansky are captured in this book, her ability to relate to others,as well as her father's very overt nature, are provided for the reader in the most elegant manner. Beautiful, delicate, angry, aggressive, solitary, painful, anguished, and paradoxical-the writing is simply breathtaking and the words will take you to another realm.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous review. Home has been on my list and I can't wait to read it. Judging from the excerpts I've seen, it promises to be a wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joan! And yes, Angela's review is truly special, what she has done with the book is amazing to me.

      Delete