Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The art for the Audiobook Cover of Apart From Love

Did you hear the great news? I am so excited to tell you: my novel, Apart From Love, is now in production, soon to become an audiobook! As you may already know, the novel is told in two voices, Ben's and Anita's, and the interplay between the two of them is the essence of the story. In the coming weeks I will tell you everything about the voice auditions, and about the two amazing narrators I have chosen. Today, I will start with a different aspect of the production: the cover art.

Of course, the image is the same as for the print edition--with one exception: the dimensions. The cover art for the audiobook must be square, which means that I spent my time extending the folds of the red fabric left and right of the image. So, it went from the rectangular image of the print edition to this:



So here you can see layers and layers of red, shimmering fabric, in which the main character finds herself tangled more and more, losing herself in a knot of passion. The ends of the strips of fabric are falling away from you, disappearing gradually into the mist of distance. The depth of the picture and its layering effect are both symbolic of the story: each on of the characters has a depth of memories going back to their childhood, and a rich layering of conflicting emotions, love-hate, guilt-blame.

Over this art I will float the text: the book title, author name, and the names of my two fabulous narrators. Stay tuned... Will show it to you soon...



Love reading? Get this series 
Still Life with Memories

Volume I & II, woven together: Apart from Love
EbookKindle  Nook  Apple  Kobo  Smashwords
PaperbackAmazon  Barnes&Noble
AudiobookiTunes  Amazon  Audible

Volume I: My Own Voice
EbookKindle  Nook  Apple  Kobo  Smashwords
PaperbackAmazon  Barnes&Noble
AudiobookiTunes  Amazon  Audible

Volume II: The White Piano
EbookKindle  Nook  Apple  Kobo  Smashwords
PaperbackAmazon  Barnes&Noble
AudiobookiTunes  Amazon  Audible

Volume III: The Music of Us
EbookKindle  Nook  Apple  Kobo  Smashwords
PaperbackAmazon  Barnes&Noble
Audiobook: Amazon  Audible  iTunes

"Uvi Poznansky has penned a literary symphony"

No comments:

Post a Comment