Saturday, August 2, 2014

History as a base with a modern flair

Renee Giraldy is a prolific, avid reader, and she posts her reviews on her blog. I am thrilled to find what she wrote about my novel, Rise to Power:

5.0 out of 5 stars history as a base with a modern flair PLEASE read thisAugust 1, 2014
By 
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Uvi Poznansky gets five big stars from me. I will do my best to explain and try to do justice to this marvelous book. You know David, the Biblical King David? Well if you dont you have to read this. Uvi's book reads like a piece of art. I think it is like taking the history that was written about David and creating a story resembling "A Real Hollywood Story" or "This is Your Life"

David explains his life and the creation of the legend that is David. So there are reveals, confessions and decisions leading to David himself just trying to survive.

Most people dont know David as young person formulating a plot and creating his ambitious life. David was not only a poet and writer but he was a musician.

, this time for her marvelous portrayal of the Biblical King David. Her David, although fictional, is not the perfect figure sculpted by Michelangelo. Nor is he strictly the David of the Bible. With his human failings, the David she has created is a bit of a departure from the legend.

I would say the book is also a modern tale. The way it is written in terminology that doesnt need a dictionary or interpreter. The author also adds to the story how women just adored David. He was pursued by many. In this time, David, had many wives as was the lifestyle.

As far as David’s alleged affairs, I was wondering how he kept up. He had twenty children with as many as weight wives. Shocking to me, by the way.

If you love history as a base with a modern flair PLEASE read this. I found it an excellent impression of all the is David. I’m really looking forward to the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment