Wednesday, May 6, 2020

A Fine Thriller

Thrilled to find this in-depth review of my thriller, Overkill:

Reviewed in the United States on May 6, 2020
I first read a book by Uvi Poznansky when we were both invited into the same boxed set. Then, impressed by her work, I read a couple more of them. And recently, as soon as I saw this newest novel of hers up on Amazon, I had to buy it. So glad I did!

First off, although this is Book 2 of a series, not only does it completely work as a stand alone, it is quite a riveting story. The main character, Ash, is very believable and touching as she first faces an unwanted pregnancy then becomes the victim of a very disturbed teenage stalker. And what a messed up individual he is. His growing anger, perceived hurts, and irrational behavior is extremely well portrayed, as the plot’s steady build up kept me on the edge of my seat. And by the time a mass killing occurs, I couldn’t believe how chillingly and authentically described it was.

Yet there was another element that also anchored my attention to this book. Throughout Ash’s journey, in spite of her own misgivings about having a baby and her wanting to escape her life at the moment, when she helps out a neighbor by watching the woman’s young son, we soon see a transformation occur within Ash. She develops such a protective attachment to the little one, she turns into a Mother Tiger. A strong woman who is there, ready and willing to fight for the boy, when all the pieces of this thriller’s puzzle come together. Very highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment