Tuesday, May 5, 2020

‘Who, if you don’t mind me asking, is buried in here?’

Author of War Songs, Dr. Grady Harp is an artist representative, gallery owner, writer of essays and articles on figurative and all Representational art for museum catalogues and for travelling exhibitions, and an Amazon Hall of Fame Reviewer. He describes himself as being ever on the alert for the new and promising geniuses of tomorrow. I am honored that he posted this review for my thriller, Overkill:

Reviewed in the United States on May 5, 2020
Uvi Poznansky wears a coat of many colors. Originally from Israel where she studied Architecture and Town Planning then moving to the US where she studied Computer Science and became an expert in Software Engineering, Poznansky managed to combine the design elements of two studies into unique formats. And she has accomplished the same with the other side of her brain - making visual her ideas (she is an accomplished painter, drawer, and sculptor who has enjoyed exhibitions both in Israel and in California, her present base) and making words in poetry and in short stories and children's books. APART FROM LOVE: Still Life with Memories is an adult romance in five parts, and now Uvi continues her series – the Ash Suspense Thrillers that combine the thriller genre with romance – with OVERKILL, Book 2.

Having well established her principal character, Ashley aka Ash, in Book 1 COMA CONFIDENTIAL, Uvi provides further adventures as she opens with the following: ‘It’s not immediately that I notice the smell. Perhaps it’s been covered – at least the first moment, when I’ve stepped over the threshold – by the salty spindrift blowing in from Tampa Bay. Or else, perhaps I’ve been too distracted, too stirred up by this fever of mine, this excitement, caused by my impulsive move to Clearwater, at least until the end of my winter break. If I like it here, I may even stay here, who cares about school. Far from UCI Campus, free from the pressure of exams, and away from everyone I know, I can experiment with who I want to become. Let me start making a new life for myself. Let me start healing.’

Uvi’s skill at both visual and written art is outstanding, but her history of diversity does not end there. Her brief synopsis gels the plot – ‘Months after recovering from coma, Ash discovers that the man who performed her brain surgery has a questionable medical experience and a dark past. Should she expose him, at the risk of becoming vulnerable to his revenge? The last thing Ash expects when she lands in Clearwater, Florida is to be stalked by a troubled teenager. If that's not bad enough, she is caught in a shooting spree next to the nearby elementary school. The cops think it’s an attempt at mass killing, but Ash wonders if the only victim was specifically targeted by the killer. Will she manage to identify him and have him arrested before he comes after her?’

Beauty of prose bound together with a sensitive thriller make this a very special new series from a very fine writer. With follow-up of this stature the continuation of this series is assured! Highly recommended. Grady Harp, May 20

No comments:

Post a Comment