Thursday, February 19, 2015

A powerful read about King David

Born in Potsdam, Germany, Gisela Sedimayer has a love for the written word. Having moved to New Zealand and then to Austria, and having fought her cancer with the best weapon--creativity--she is the author of the Talon series, bringing the story and the characters to life over the course of several years. I am thrilled to find her review of my novel, A Peek at Bathsheba:


5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful read about King DavidFebruary 16, 2015
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: A Peek at Bathsheba (The David Chronicles Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
The first and the second book in the chronicle of Kind David by Uvi Poznansky are just amazing. She really is taking herself into the mind of King David.

I really wonder how Uvi can put herself, discernment, into the shoes of King David and write such amazing books about him. All the things he is thinking and not doing or doing as King or should do. Like should he take his beloved Bathsheba or not. He really was thinking hard about taking her. He knew it was wrong, but he couldn’t help himself.

Something that really spoke to me: David Said in the eyes of Uvi: "That which has been is what will be.”

And: “This has been an adventurous journey, and a long one. In my exhaustion I can barely move my lips, heal, a time to tear down and a time to build. How fortunate it is for me to find myself back here. I am a father. I am the keeper of my people. What a moment this is, the perfect moment to usher in a new era.”

Uvi has said it perfectly in the eyes of King David.

A great book and everyone should read and enjoy it.

5 stars for sure

No comments:

Post a Comment