Sunday, March 22, 2015

A surprisingly enjoyable story

I am thrilled to find a lovely, eloquent review by Top 1000 reviewer Book Crazy for my novel Rise to Power. Check it out:
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 20, 2015
Format: Kindle Edition)
I read "Rise to Power" as part of the At Odds with Destiny Boxed set. You can see my verified review there as well.

First, I have to commend the author for taking on such a feat as to write a story such at this. A story well known to many, but from a different POV. The idea that history may not be what we believe--after all, there are countless sides to any story. While historical titles generally bore me, alternate history has the opposite effect; I find myself fascinated.

In Rise to Power, King David (you remember the story of David and Goliath, I'm sure, even if you are an Athiest as I am) knowing his life will soon end, recounts the "true" history of his life. Something he had, before then, tried to keep hidden. You really get his whole life here, as though it were an autobiography, though of course, it's really fiction based on fact. The way Poznansky takes popular bible stories and retells them in a way that is relatable to modern times is both entertaining and fascinating.

The writing is beautiful. I would love to see what Poznansky could accomplish with non-religious material, should she ever take that route. Her ability to capture character and emotion is nothing short of literary excellence, and the modern flair really only adds to that, allowing for a more engaging voice and style.

Well done. I look forward to reading more from this collection as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment