Sunday, January 29, 2017

The softness of her lips touching his

Nodding, Danny said, “Great.” He continued, “Okay.” Releasing a long-held breath, he said, “So, a couple weeks after I came home…like this.” Looking at his leg again, he said, “My girlfriend broke up with me. She said we’d just grown apart, but I know differently. I don’t think she could handle me like this. Handle being with me…like this. It’s shaken my confidence. All of this has.”
“I’m sorry you were with a shallow, selfish woman. Believe me, I’ve been there. Not with a woman, I mean with someone who’s shallow and selfish. It can be devastating. It’s …” Huffing out her own breath, Tammy said, “Is it fair to say we both have scars? Some outside, some inside?”
“Definitely fair to say.” 
Never taking his eyes from hers, Danny’s heart pounded in his chest. He could feel his pants tighten as his nervousness ebbed and desire flowed. He stared into her eyes. The deep brown had little flecks of gold which held his attention. He leaned forward an inch, waiting for her to react. He needed to kiss her, he’d thought of it so many times over this past week. When she inched forward he made his move.
Their lips touched and a fire raged through his body, instant, and consuming. The softness of her lips touching his was everything and more than he’d imagined. Releasing her hands, Danny held her head between his hands, his thumbs gently rubbing her cheeks. He deepened the kiss, allowing his tongue to explore her mouth, taste her, feel her warmth. She sighed and he breathed it in like she was breathing life into him. His heart hammered in his chest and his breathing quickened. Needing air, he pulled away and touched his forehead to hers. He heard her whisper, “Wow.” 

Excerpt Love in Times of War


Love Romance? Get this amazing collection
Love in Times of War
No longer available

"This anthology consists of twelve wonderful stories with the inherent theme of love and war contained in them. Out of the twelve authors, Uvi Poznansky is the only one that I was familiar with previously. So, in addition to becoming acquainted with new authors in this set, my 'to be read' pile has grown considerably. That is not a bad thing with the wind chill of a minus 10 as I write this review!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment