Sunday, March 6, 2016

First day for a character: At Odds with Destiny, 2nd novel

Inspired by the first day of spring, which is just around the corner, I want to give you a taste of a 'first time in years'  moment for one of the characters in our boxed set:

As I walked back into the bedroom, I stopped at the mantle, kissed my fingertips, and touched them to the silver frame that held Elsbeth’s photograph. She stared at me with her beautiful, dark brooding eyes. For the first time in four years, I felt a twinge of guilt. I’d been undeniably attracted to Maddy’s daughter, in spite of the promise I’d made to myself to remain faithful to Elsbeth’s memory. I’d vowed I’d never love another woman. Ever. 
How could I? How could anyone replace a lifetime soul mate? Elsbeth and I had known each other since I was five and she and Sig were four. We'd been close friends in our youth, and had married when she’d turned eighteen. It had seemed out of the question that any other woman could fill my life the way she had. 
And yet…there had been a certain pull when I met Camille today. An undeniable pull. 

Excerpt from Double Forté by Aaron Paul Lazar, included in At Odds with Destiny


Four amazing novels in one boxed set
Open it at your own risk:

Get it now:
At Odds with Destiny
★ Kindle  Nook ★ Apple 
★ Kobo ★ Smashwords ★ 

"The variety here is phenomenal, from intrigue and mystery, to gut wrenching, to fantasy, one thing is consistent, the quality." 
-Dennis Waller, Top 500 Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment