Tuesday, August 30, 2016

What happens next is never what you expect

I'm delighted to find this review by Critical Reader for my novel, The White Piano:


on August 28, 2016

Pure artistry! This book blew me away. It is so powerful and emotional and extremely well-written. The author bio states that she paints with words, and that is a perfect description.

To be honest, I wasn’t crazy about Anita’s dialog, but I suppose it’s just the bad grammar that drives me nuts. However, that’s who she is, and it fits, but it makes me like her even less. With that said, the author draws the reader in to each character, and you can really understand where Ben and his father are coming from and why they each feel what they feel. Even their mistakes and at times, peculiar behavior, entice you to read on and find out what happens next. And what happens next is never what you expect.

In short, the book deals with very deep issues and is incredibly moving. Wow- just… wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment