Monday, July 21, 2014

I'm blessed for the pleasure, blessed for the agony

Poem by my father

Translated by me

 I'm blessed for the pleasure, blessed for the agony
Blessed for the fear, the pain of it all
In which I was steeped, in this reality
And granted the chance to endure or to fall 

I'm blessed for the hardship, and blessed for the hurt
Blessed for the crevices, obstacles and all
In the heart of the storm, my journey I chart
To leap over the inferno, and turn back to recall

I'm blessed to have lived, in honor and courage
Blessed I could take a deep plunge, then soar
Blessed for the vinegar, and blessed for the honey
Blessed to be counted with the few at the fore
That somehow did reach their big destiny.

Creation of the World (oil painting by my father)

★ Inspired by poetry? Treat yourself a gift ★

"Poetry that's never been placed before the public until now" 

No comments:

Post a Comment