Friday, January 22, 2021

I hear you came to a gunfight armed with scissors

In the midst of all this clamor, it’s such a relief to see Michael cut through the crowd, rush over to the ambulance and hop into it, an incredibly huge bouquet of roses in his hand. 

I can’t help but wonder out loud, “While I was in danger, you stopped to buy flowers?”

“I practically snatched them from a flower stand while running through the airport—”

“Don’t apologize, Michael, I just love you for it.”

“Oh, Ash,” he says. “I hear you came to a gunfight armed with scissors.”

I try to lift my head from the gurney but immediately stop, wincing in pain.“Somehow, I came out on top.”

Michael leans in closer and smells my hair, parts of which have been singed by the fire. “I know you just enough to hold back from holding you back,” he says, in his softest voice. “I’ll never ever tell you to stay out of trouble.”

He touches the tip of his nose to mine, ever so gently. Only then do I start crying. 

And I can’t stop.

I don’t even know why I’m crying, but I have no choice but let the tears come, let them wash away the anxiety of the last few days and the fear. It seems to persist beyond the death of the shooter. 



 Love Suspense? Prepare to be thrilled 

Overkill

(Volume II of Ash Suspense Thrillers with a Dash of Romance)

Audiobook US UK FR DE iTunes

Paperback Hardcover


The last thing Ash expects when she lands in Clearwater, Florida is to be stalked by a troubled teenager. If that's not bad enough, she is caught in a shooting spree next to the nearby elementary school. The cops think it’s an attempt at mass killing, but Ash wonders if the only victim was specifically targeted by the killer. Will she manage to identify him and have him arrested before he comes after her?



"The author weaves a well-crafted Suspense Thriller with a generous sprinkling of Romance. Intriguing twists and turns also ensures that this book will captivate the reader from the first page to the last. I've read this author several times before and it's safe to say that her storylines leaves the reader spellbound." 
~Piaras, Vine Voice Reviewer


No comments:

Post a Comment