Monday, February 18, 2019

This girl looks like a heap of bones, bound in gauze

Author of War Songs, Dr. Grady Harp is an artist representative, gallery owner, writer of essays and articles on figurative and all Representational art for museum catalogues and for travelling exhibitions, and an Amazon Hall of Fame Reviewer. He describes himself as being ever on the alert for the new and promising geniuses of tomorrow. I am honored that he posted this review for my suspense thriller, Coma Confidential:

February 17, 2019
Uvi Poznansky wears a coat of many colors. Originally from Israel where she studied Architecture and Town Planning then moving to the US where she studied Computer Science and became an expert in Software Engineering, Poznansky managed to combine the design elements of two studies into unique formats. And she has accomplished the same with the other side of her brain - making visual her ideas (she is an accomplished painter, drawer, and sculptor who has enjoyed exhibitions both in Israel and in California, her present base) and making words in poetry and in short stories and children's books. APART FROM LOVE: Still Life with Memories is an adult romance in five parts, and now Uvi opens a new series – the Ash Suspense Thrillers - that combines the thriller genre with romance. COMA CONFIDENTIAL is Book 1.

In a Prologue Uvi shares a hint of the past and the future of her story, as always in elegant prose- ‘“Growing up, I didn’t care for fairytale characters. The one I disliked the most was ‘Sleeping Beauty.’ Unfortunately, now I’ve turned into one. This may sound like vanity, so let me be more precise. I don’t know about the Beauty part, because at the moment I have no idea how I look, and even if I did, I doubt I would like it. It’s the Sleeping part that frightens me. I can’t stand the prospect of being trapped here, in this miserable state, in hopes that one day I may be saved, somehow, but a kiss. My life – the little I know about it – is no fairytale, so what’s the in waiting for magic?”’

Uvi’s skill at both visual and written art is outstanding, but her history of diversity does not end there. A synopsis of this new series Book 1 follows: ‘Ash finds herself in the ER diagnosed with coma. She has no memory of what has happened to her, but what she can do--despite what everyone around her might think--is listen to the conversations of her visitors. One of them is the man who raped her. For Ash, there is little time to gather clues: blackouts are happening not only in the hospital but throughout California. The Russian hackers who are intent on sabotaging the power grid are trying to blackmail her boyfriend, Michael, into helping their cause. And what better way for them to do it but by kidnapping her out of the hospital?’

Beauty of prose bound together with a sensitive thriller make this a very special new series from a very fine writer. There will be more…Grady Harp, February 19

No comments:

Post a Comment