Thursday, December 10, 2020

Entertaining series starter...

 LISTENER

txdoc


 Entertaining series starter... 

Overall ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    
4 out of 5 stars
Performance ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    
5 out of 5 stars
Story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    
4 out of 5 stars

Reviewed: 12-10-20

I found this story to be interesting and entertaining. The lead character, a young lady named Ash, has survived a brutal assault only to find herself hospitalized and in a coma. She has no memory of what happened to her, or even of her own name, and must piece everything together from bits of conversation she overhears in her hospital room. I found this unusual perspective quite captivating. As Ash’s story unfolds, it becomes evident that Ash is still in danger from the people responsible for her attack. Her assault was no random act of violence. While I found the storyline engaging, I must comment that the medical aspects of her situation were lacking in complete authenticity, but not to a degree that I felt compromised the enjoyment of this fictional story. The story clips along at a brisk pace which could not have happened had the author chosen to rigorously adhere to grim reality. I chose to listen to the audio version of this story as I read along. The narrator, Heather Jane Hogan, did a wonderful job bringing the story and all the characters to life. It was easy to picture the whole story unfold as she read. It will be interesting to see where the author decides to take Ash on her next adventure. While I did purchase a copy of this book, I was provided with the audio version by the author and I am voluntarily offering my honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment