Sunday, May 16, 2021

Amazing - Be Prepared Not to Leave this Story

 LISTENER

Angelica Kate (Angela Naff)


 Amazing - Be Prepared Not to Leave this Story 

Overall  
    
5 out of 5 stars
Performance  
    
5 out of 5 stars
Story  
    
5 out of 5 stars

Reviewed: 05-16-21

This story drew me in, as I listened on a long training run. I was so engrossed with the vivid imagery, suspense, and details of the story that made it come to life as I listened. Uvi is a master storyteller that made you keep guessing at each turn of this story of what might come next. I found myself trying to race ahead and guess where things were going but it managed to surprise me a number of times. I will say that that the narrator was perfect for this story, with the tone being ideal to keep you guessing, wondering, and feeling the suspense build. I listen to a lot of stories but this one I didn't want to turn off, and it made me want to pick up some of the other books that I haven't read in this series. 

Be prepared with current events to viscerally feel some of the intense apprehension of the main character, more than any book I had read or listened to of late. Uvi did a great job of playing on some of the world's current events, medical possibilities, and the like to craft a tale that will grab you from the opening, and keep you to the end - still wishing for a bit more. This stunningly well-written and visually rich story is amazing to listen to and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment