Thursday, September 12, 2019

What I need is clarity

Author of War Songs, Dr. Grady Harp is an artist representative, gallery owner, writer of essays and articles on figurative and all Representational art for museum catalogues and for travelling exhibitions, and an Amazon Hall of Fame Reviewer. He describes himself as being ever on the alert for the new and promising geniuses of tomorrow. I am honored that he posted this review for my medical thriller, Overdose:
September 12, 2019
Uvi Poznansky wears a coat of many colors. Originally from Israel where she studied Architecture and Town Planning then moving to the US where she studied Computer Science and became an expert in Software Engineering, Poznansky managed to combine the design elements of two studies into unique formats. And she has accomplished the same with the other side of her brain - making visual her ideas (she is an accomplished painter, drawer, and sculptor who has enjoyed exhibitions both in Israel and in California, her present base) and making words in poetry and in short stories and children's books. APART FROM LOVE: Still Life with Memories is an adult romance in five parts, and now the series – the Ash Suspense Thrillers - combines the thriller genre with romance. The entries to date - COMA CONFIDENTIAL, VIRTUALLY LACE and now OVERDOSE.

From the first lines of this fine novel the mood and tone are set – ‘Coming back to life is a tough undertaking. I’m in over my head. Michael says I should put what happened out of my mind. Now that I’ve recovered, there’s no point in trying to bring back into memory my stay in the ER, only to dwell on it to no end. He does his best to distract me from my agonizing thoughts, not only by sending me chocolate, wine, and flowers but also by sweeping me off my feet, straight into his fantasy world…First and foremost, I must contend with my own nightmares…’

Uvi’s skill at both visual and written art is outstanding, but her history of diversity does not end there. A synopsis of this series Book 3 follows: ‘Months after recovering from coma, Ash discovers that the man who performed her brain surgery has a questionable medical experience and a dark past, starting with his medical mission in India ten years ago and ending just recently, with his wife’s suicide. Should Ash expose him, at the risk of becoming vulnerable to his revenge? In an attempt to learn more, Ash goes on a date with him. When the waitress drops a pink cellphone into her hand, she is hit by a bullet. On the cellphone are his wife’s last words. “Perhaps you have the urge to shut me off, or at least to ignore what I’m about to say. But listen you must, because even if you don’t believe it, you’re already much too close to danger… Neil is my undoing. Make sure he isn’t yours.”

Beauty of prose bound together with a sensitive thriller make this very special new series from a very fine writer. Even the cover art bespeaks Uvi’s artistic gifts. As she says, ‘While sitting in the hospital’s waiting room (waiting fort my loved one) I started to design the cover. You may wonder: what inspired the composition? It is a wonderful paining by Goya. It depicts his own doctor taking good care of him at the time he fell sick. By contrast, my OVERDOSE cover hints at something insidious, mainly by the use of blue colors and by keeping the doctor’s face masked.’ Yet another aspect of Uvi’s talent! Highly recommended. Grady Harp, September 19

No comments:

Post a Comment